Sunday, November 27, 2005

I think I've swallowed glass

This morning I blearily scraped the bottom of the honey jar hard with a knife and was aware of a grinding noise. I was hungry and barely awake. On eating the toast I bit into a couple of small hard lumps but swallowed them thinking they were.....what? I didn't really think. After returning from climbing at 4pm I inspected the honey jar to find that it was badly cracked and had a hole in it. Quite a bit of glass could not be accounted for. Christ! I am worried. I have had a slight stomach ache all day.
I wonder what the consequences might be. I've heard it is an old murderer's trick to put ground glass in the victim's food and they die a slow horrible death. From prolonged internal bleeding presumably. Will this happen to me and, if so, how long will it take? When will I be able to consider myself in the clear? Is there any point in going to hospital? What would they be able to do? Very little, I reckon. That glass has a long journey to make. Will it make it harmlessly? Is there a potion I can take which will dissolve it? Very unlikely.
Could have been worse, though. Could have been small, uncut diamonds.
I'm off to the bathroom now to spit into the sink and check for blood. I'll have to check the other end too over the coming days, weeks, months.
Watch this space.

1 Comments:

Blogger Horsey said...

To quote a popular, badly translated, Japanese video game: "You have 24 hour. Make your time."

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home