Friday, December 23, 2005

dead seal

I went for a walk by the estuary the other day and came across a dead seal. I looked at it for a couple of minutes then turned for home. I hadn't intended to terminate my outward journey just there but the seal was unlikely to be topped as a point of interest.
Often the most interesting thing I see down there is a dead animal - dead sheep in varying states of decomposition, a gannet fairly recently, gulls (dull).
Often you see a glove and wonder if it contains a hand. Maybe I'll find a human corpse one day. I don't think I really want to, though. A cow or a whale would be better.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Funny you should mention that about the glove, just in the past while train workers on the Utah/Wyoming border (close to home) found what they thought was a severed bear paw on an access road. It turned out to be a human hand. They then found cut up body parts strewn out in the field. It turned out that it was a man, a victim of an organized crime murder.

Your blog is a good read. I think that I'll come back often. Thanks for commenting on 120dB's.

3:51 PM  
Blogger rjw said...

Thanks, man. By the way I don't spend all my time looking for dead animals

3:02 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Well, that's good to know. Just as long as you don't think that I thought your blog was only interesting because of a misconception that you searched for dead animals everyday. Now that we got that all cleared up, I need to go outside and see what that smell in the bushes is...WTF? A dead seal? ;)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home